VA Medical Center - Patient neglect

i have been a patiennt at the VA for quite a few years already and I have had a history of debilitating anxiety yet they continue to deny effective care because I had a chemical dependence issue years back.. I understand protocols for medications but the VA continues to TRY non effective medications with me and I went through Extensive measures to prove the efficacy of only ONE medication that worked.

The medication hass adictive properties but I have been an employee for years as well with NOT ONE SINGLE documented concern of overmedicating or concerns about my safety. They did give me the meds after the presentation to the treatment team so I did it the correct way. Now I am on the *** of losing my job because of issues wuith anxiety and no one gives two ***.

SAD HOW WE LET THIS COUNTRY TREAT OUR VETS..... Purely epic

Reason of review: I have had a chornic pain issue with my arm and VERIFIABLE concerns about anxiety and they leave people to die off.

VA Medical Center - VA where is the doctor????

2.0

My doctor at the VA in Gainesville quit to be a stay at home dad that is great but the va replaced hin with a nurse. I have been taking pain medications for 15 years I was told i could refill my Rx in the fall when i was signed a new Dr.

it is July. So i went to private Dr and got a refill for 15 days. i spread them out til now in September. Went back to VA and was told becouse I saw a outside Dr.

i violated a federal law and my Rx would not be refilled this is what the advocacy lady told me. I ask for a neurology and was told i had one but it was a E-consultation and they had no recommendations states my pain was due to diabetic neurothamy which i knew i had but is is very painful. So all i can say is if you are a veteran to not tell them you see outside help from a real doctor.

I plan to see my outside Dr and get the medical help i need..PS the VA did drug test on my and like i told them it was negative...I earned the right to use the VA i do not know what is happening to our country. Don Bowen Gainesville Fl.